Cryptologic Linguist (U.S. Army)
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO JOIN THE U.S. ARMY OR ARMY RESERVE***
- Education - Current Senior in High School (HS), HS Diploma, GED, or higher.
A cryptologic linguist in the U.S. Army identifies, intercepts, deciphers, and transmits foreign language communications using high-tech communications equipment. The importance of a cryptologic linguist cannot be overstated! Cryptologic linguists provide leaders with pertinent, real-time information to maximize situational awareness in fast-paced environments to include during combat operations.
Additionally, we offer our Soldiers much more than just a paycheck — we offer a purpose-driven career that allows applicants to align their passion points with their professional pursuits. In addition to medical and retirement plans, we offer 30-days of annual leave accrual, paid federal holidays, low-cost life insurance, tuition assistance, and the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- Identifying foreign communications from an assigned geographic area and categorizing signals by activity type.
- Analyze foreign communication for critical intelligence to support ongoing military operations.
- Recognize changes in transmission modes and tipping the appropriate analytical or intercept authority.
- Providing translation expertise to analysts.
- Operating systems as needed to support signals Intelligence tasking, reporting, and coordination.
- Provide transcription, or translation of foreign communications.
- Attend Basic and advanced training (Paid).
- Complete the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB).
- Submit to the background and medical screening.
- Up to $40K enlistment bonus.
- Student Loan Repayment Programs.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Post-911 GI Bill.
- Tax-Free Housing Allowance.
- Tax-Free Food Allowance.
- Low-Cost Health Insurance (Tricare).
- Low-Cost Life Insurance Policy up to $500K.
- Transferable Technical Certifications.
For more information fill out the form fill in the link below or contact
Staff Sergeant Nathan A. Brewer