Food Service Specialist (U.S.Army)
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO JOIN THE U.S. ARMY OR ARMY RESERVE***
- Education - Current Senior in High School (HS), HS Diploma, GED or higher.
Food Service Specialist:
Food service specialists play vital roles in the preparation, distribution, and storage of food and beverage. Food service specialists primarily work in a cafeteria-like setting referred to as an Army Dining Facilities (DFAC). Similar to catering, food service specialists need to adapt to a wide array of environments in order to provide requisite food services, including constructing and operating portable filed kitchens. If you have a passion for culinary arts, this occupation is a good fit for you.
However, we offer our Soldiers much more than just a paycheck — we offer a purpose-driven career that allows applicants to align their passion points with their professional pursuits. In addition to medical and retirement plans, we offer 30-days of annual leave accrual, paid federal holidays, low-cost life insurance, tuition assistance, and the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- Prepare and cook food menu.
- Ensure food protection and sanitation compliance.
- Receive and store food items from suppliers.
- Operate, maintain and clean kitchen equipment.
- Holiday meal preparation for troops.
- Attend Basic and advanced training (Paid).
- Complete the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB).
- Submit to the background and medical screening.
- Up to $40K enlistment bonus.
- Student Loan Repayment Programs.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Post-911 GI Bill.
- Tax-Free Housing Allowance.
- Tax-Free Food Allowance.
- Low-Cost Health Insurance (Tricare).
- Low-Cost Life Insurance Policy up to $500K.
- Transferable Technical Certifications.
For more information fill out the form fill in the link below or contact
Staff Sergeant Nathan A. Brewer