Paralegal Specialist (U.S. Army)
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ENLISTMENT IN THE U.S. ARMY OR ARMY RESERVE***
- Must be a United States Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Education - Current Senior in High School (HS), HS Diploma, GED, or higher.
A paralegal specialist is an integral part of the U.S. Army's legal system. Paralegal specialist soldiers assist judges, Army lawyers, and unit commanders with legal matters and judicial work. Paralegal Specialist provides legal and administrative support in such diverse areas as criminal law, family law, international law, contract law, and fiscal law. Paralegals are also involved in defense and judicial legal services as well as operational and foreign law. They also perform duties similar to their civilian counterparts.
However, we offer our Soldiers much more than just a paycheck — we offer a purpose-driven career that allows applicants to align their passion points with their professional pursuits. In addition to medical and retirement plans, we offer 30-days of annual leave accrual, paid federal holidays, low-cost life insurance, tuition assistance, and the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- Provide legal and administrative support to unit commanders and staff.
- Responsible for preparing and processing a variety of legal documents in support of courts-martial, non-judicial punishment, and other military justice and administrative law matters.
- Deliver support to the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, and provide legal documents in courts-martial, and other military justice matters.
- Assists in family law, powers of attorney, wills, and separation decrees.
- Provide technical guidance to subordinates and maintaining law library files and records. These soldiers act in a capacity similar to civilian law clerks.
- Attend Basic and advanced training (Paid).
- Complete the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB).
- Submit to the background and medical screening.
- Up to $40K enlistment bonus.
- Student Loan Repayment Programs.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Post-911 GI Bill.
- Tax-Free Housing Allowance.
- Tax-Free Food Allowance.
- Low-Cost Health Insurance (Tricare).
- Low-Cost Life Insurance Policy up to $500K.
- Transferable Technical Certifications.
For more information fill out the form fill in the link below or contact
Staff Sergeant Nathan A. Brewer