Technical Engineer (U.S. Army)
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU TO JOIN THE U.S. ARMY OR ARMY RESERVE***
- Must be a United States Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Education - Current Senior in High School (HS), HS Diploma, GED, or higher.
Technical engineers are responsible for conducting land surveys and make maps. Technical engineer plays a key role in any Army construction project. Technical engineers are responsible for overseeing construction site development, which includes surveying. Technical engineers also drafts and create construction plans and specs.
However, we offer our Soldiers much more than just a paycheck — we offer a purpose-driven career that allows applicants to align their passion points with their professional pursuits. In addition to medical and retirement plans, we offer 30-days of annual leave accrual, paid federal holidays, low-cost life insurance, tuition assistance, and the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
- Performing field and lab tests on construction materials, surveys, and drafts.
- Drawing topographical maps and charts using CAD (computer-aided drafting) systems and software.
- Drawing diagrams for electrical wiring and plumbing in structures.
- Providing technical support for both horizontal and vertical Army construction projects.
- Using GPS technology to conduct geodetic and construction surveys.
- Building scale models to assist with the planning of construction projects.
- Attend Basic and advanced training (Paid).
- Complete the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB).
- Submit to the background and medical screening.
- Up to $40K enlistment bonus.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Post-911 GI Bill.
- Tax-Free Housing Allowance.
- Tax-Free Food Allowance.
- Low-Cost Health Insurance (Tricare).
- Low-Cost Life Insurance Policy up to $500K.
For more information fill out the form fill in the link below or contact
Staff Sergeant Nathan A. Brewer